1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2018 10:02 AM by Ken Flerlage

The Infamous Gauge

Nishant Trivedi

Hi Guys,

I tried creating Gauge chart in tableau as per the current work requirement I have. Please let me know if anybody can help me with this -

Tableau Version 10.5

• Sheet 1 represents the number value and Sheet 2 represents percent value for two of the metrices (No. of Charts and HCC Accuracy). The pointer created doesn’t moves across the gauge as the X, Y calculations value range is not adjusting from 0-180 degree. Values seems to be correct although.
      • There is a Null value present in the filter which has to be necessarily checked to create pointer. Is there a way we can check it and hide it permanently?

Thanks,

Nishant Trivedi

• 1. Re: The Infamous Gauge
          Ken Flerlage

I'm not entirely sure I follow what you're trying to do here, but let me try to help out.

My biggest confusion is the calculation Angle Value. I believe this is intended to result in a value from 0 to 1, correct? So the HCC Accuracy of 0.5246 with a goal of 20 would result in an Angle Value of 0.02623. Is that what you expect?

Assuming the above assumptions are correct, I'd suggest a few changes to your calculated fields to simplify the logic.

Angle in Degrees

(1-[Angle Value])*180

Angle in Radians

RADIANS([Angle in Degrees])

X

IF ATTR([Row Type])='Dial' THEN

ELSE

COS([Angle in Radians])

END

Y

IF ATTR([Row Type])='Dial' THEN

ELSE

SIN([Angle in Radians])

END

This will change the gauge to the following.

See attached workbook.

If this meets your needs, please be sure to mark this answer as correct. Thanks!