5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2018 9:28 AM by Scott Schmeling

LOD issue

Scott Schmeling

Hi,

I am trying to create a table that will show the following.

LocationSevere in Time
      Severe totalModerate in TimeModerate Total
      A5151025
      B2457

I create a calculated field to tell me if something is done in time and am using it as a filter.  What I seem to be having issue with is the LOD expression for the totals.

I Tried the following:

{fixed [Center], [Level] : Count([Client Num])}

However the issue I am running into is.

1. The totals for the LOD are not what they are supposed to be, it seems to be adding too many numbers.

I'm sorry I can't attach a WB everything is very personal data on clients..  I will try to get a mock data loaded but really difficult.  Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: LOD issue
          sudheer.kumar.5

Hello Scott,

Without the sample data and .TWBX file it is difficult to look into the issue.

Looking at the LOD {fixed [Center], [Level] : Count([Client Num])}, this will return the count of Client Num for each Center and Level.

Check this video for more information: FIXED LOD Examples - Part 1 - YouTube

Hope this helps.

S

• 2. Re: LOD issue
            Jim Dehner

Good morning Scott

Understand that your data is sensitive - there are ways to obscure details          Anonymize your Tableau Package Data for Sharing

that said ad guessing at the issue when you use fixed LOD's you are creating another level in the data that the combinations of dimensions that precede the colon and aggregates them by what follow the colon in the statement - the LOD is not an aggregate in itself so when you bring it to the viz it aggregates - look at you viz the default is sum - so that is one possibility

the other is your lod aggregated with Count which is equivalent to counting each record for each customer - is that what you wanted or did you want countd which will count each customer only once for each center/level combination

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: LOD issue
              Deepak Rai

Pl create a workbook with dummy data and post it along with what is desired

Thanks

Deepak

• 4. Re: LOD issue
                Scott Schmeling

That's exactly what is happening Jim.  though when I try to get rid of the aggregation it still won't work.  I'm working to get the dummy data completed so I can show what is happening.

Thanks,

• 5. Re: LOD issue
                  Scott Schmeling

Thank you all for your help on this.  It actually ended up being that I forgot a Dimension to factor by, got caught up thinking the filter on the sheet would cover that but in reality I know it doesn't take that into account.  Simple brain freeze on the LOD formula.

The final Formual was:

{fixed [Center], [Level], [Period] : Count([Client Num])}

Thanks again.