3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2018 3:40 AM by Jim Dehner

Global Parameter

Rahul Pawar

Hi,

I am looking for a solution similar to the apply button tweak we can do to Filters where dashboard will reflect after all the filters are chosen.

I want to apply the similar thing but for parameter, where after selecting all the parameters it should refresh the dashboard.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rahul.

• 1. Re: Global Parameter
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

Parameters are global by there nature but the parameter must be included in one or more calculated field - you can apply the calculated field selectively to individual worksheets or use the parameter in different calculations on different sheets - bear in mind the parameter is set by  the user and remains constant until manually changed

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Global Parameter
            Rahul Pawar

Hii Jim,

Thanks for your reply. But I am looking to update all the parameters at once.

Below is the image for your reference. I want user to select all the 4 dates from below parameter and there should a go button which should update the dashboard at once instead of updating 4 times. Any ideas?

Regards,

Rahul.

Parameter.PNG

• 3. Re: Global Parameter
              Jim Dehner

Understood -

I don't believe that is possible at the current time - parameters are manually set indivisually by the user

1 of 1 people found this helpful