1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2018 2:42 AM by Ciaran Bource

Tableau Server REST API Run Extract Refresh Task

Darius Yip

I am trying to figure out how to use the Tableau Server REST API, specifically the 'Run Extract Refresh Task' method: https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/api/rest_api/en-us/help.htm#REST/rest_api_ref.htm#Run_Extract_Refresh_Task

This method requires me to include various parameters when calling it, which include the following:

1) site-id

2) task-id

3) Tableau-Auth

My dashboard is scheduled to run an extract every 2 hours. When I tried to look for the task-id for the scheduled refresh, I realized that the task-id is always changing.

I am also not sure how to check what is the site-id for my dashboard on the server, or what to input for the 'Tableau-Auth' field.

Could I check how I could possible find out the parameters required in order to call this method?

Oh and one more thing, can I ask if it is possible to call this method, given that this 'Run Extract Refresh Task' method was only introduced in Version 2.6 of the Tableau Server REST API, which is associated with Tableau Server Version 10.3. However, I think that my Tableau Server is Version 10.1.6.

Thanks in advance for your time!