7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 11:38 PM by Lewis Williams

Difference in amounts between two consecutive dates

Sherwood Neiss

I'm hoping this is an easy one for someone. (I've been trying to figure it out for a few hours now). I collect transactional information (backers, amount, total backers and total amount) by ORG_ID every day.  I want to see the difference in total amount committed each day by ORG_ID as well as the percent change from one day to the next.

So if on June 1st ORG_ID = 1 had $1,600 committed and on June 2nd they had $3,200 committed, then the difference from June 1st to June 2nd would be ($3,200 - $1,600) = $1,600 and if they had total amount of commitments of $16,000 on June 1st and it increased to $18,200 on June 2nd that would have been a (1 - $18,200/$16,600) = 13.75%. (I do understand the difference can be calculated by subtracting the total amount from one day to the next as well ... still not sure how to calculate that).

Hence for each ORG_ID I'd would like to see two columns. One that shows the $ amount difference from one day to the next and the other that shows the % increase from one day to the next.

Thanks!