2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2018 8:17 AM by Matt Shoemaker

Michael Cristiani

Jeffrey Shaffer

As some of you may have heard, Michael Cristiani passed away last week of a heart attack. For those of you in or near Cincinnati and who knew Michael Cristiani, I spoke to his family and here is the information for visitation and service.

Friday, June 8th

Madeira-Silverwood Presbyterian Church

8000 Miami Ave

Madeira, OH 45243

11:30am visitation

12:45pm service

Michael started using Tableau in 2007 (version 2.1) and I believe was one of a few people who had attended all of the Tableau conferences. He presented several times for the Cincinnati Tableau User Group and was a guest a speaker at my class at the University of Cincinnati. He knew everyone in the Tableau community and I remember him making tons of introductions for me at my first conference.

Here is an interview by Dan Murray from Interworks where he talks about his early work in Tableau.

https://interworks.com/blog/dmurray/2015/05/29/10-questions-tableau-twitter-connector-mike-cristiani/

Please keep Michael's family in your thoughts and prayers. He will be greatly missed by his family and the community.

Jeff Shaffer

Michael Cristiani

• 1. Re: Michael Cristiani
          Amanda Boyle

Thank you for posting this Jeff. I have shared it here with our team. Our deepest condolences to Mike's family and all those who knew him. I never had the pleasure to meet him, or even work with him, but he sounds like a remarkable man with a kind heart and generous character. I feel like I could have learned a lot from him, and he is someone I would have liked to have known.

I know Elissa and some other Tableau leaders shared notes on Twitter, and we shared a note from the company account today. We know that this does very little at this difficult time, but our thoughts are with you and the whole Tableau family.

xo,

Amanda

• 2. Re: Michael Cristiani
            Matt Shoemaker

This is so sad to hear.  Michael was always great to talk with and he recognized very early on that Tableau represented a sea change in data analysis.

He always had an excitement in his voice when he spoke about what he was doing with Tableau to transform data into insights and what it meant for the organization he worked with.

R.I.P.  Michael Christiani