Please check the below:
- Execute export as crosstab from a web button on Tableau Server
- Export as crosstab using JS API - get active zone id
- Scheduled Crosstab Download to Specific filepath
- https://themarkscard.com/2016/08/11/exporting-viz-data-with-the-tableau-10-javas cript-api/
- Download Data and Crosstab Options Are Unavailable | Tableau Software
- Crosstab Export Differs Between Tableau Server and Desktop | Tableau Software
- Tableau Tip: Exporting data from a dashboard on Tableau Server (or Public)
if nothing is working after you try then contact tableau support.
hope it helps.
I think you might have a sheet already selected which enables the download function to work. I've not experimented with this, but you know how Tableau publishes with the exact same settings when you hit publish ? I am thinking that if a sheet was still selected when the viz was published, this might have carried through to publication.
Still useful and exploitable though
No, it will not trigger directly with all views.
may be, In your view already selected while publishing dashboard.
Thank you all for the answers. Turns out that I did not know Tableau desktop and server work this way. I have tested multiple scenarios to find the pattern of generating the crosstab on server 10.3 to confirm.
Yes, it is correct that I have to select a view first, then publish the dashboard. Once I select download crosstab (without triggering any view), I get the crosstab data from the view I have selected while publishing the dashboard.
Thanks again for your inputs. So excited to share this to my colleagues.