3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2018 11:23 PM by Santiago Sanchez

Refresh all dashboards in one go (tebleau desktop)

Ming Lei

Hi all,

I have a packaged workbook with 60+ different dashboards (with filtering), which connecting to different excel sheets. This is a compromise for sharing with people in our company without (or who simply don't want to use) tableau reader in PDF.

What is the best practice to:

1. Refresh all the data connection.

2. Refresh all the dashboards in this packaged workbook.

Thanks for help!

Best,

Ming

• 1. Re: Refresh all dashboards in one go (tebleau desktop)
          Santiago Sanchez

Ming,

If you create extracts for all of your connections, you can then use the following option to refresh them at once:

I'm unclear as to how you want to then share with other people, but once extracts are refreshed loading a dashboard (i.e. going to that particular tab in Tableau Desktop) will reflect the latest data available on the underlying files.

Hope that helps,

Santiago

• 2. Re: Refresh all dashboards in one go (tebleau desktop)
            Ming Lei

Thanks Santiago!

To answer your question, I am sharing this report on a monthly basis internally in PDF. For me this report contains too many tabs. I tried to refresh all the data extract and then print all the dashboards (60+ dashboards) and sometimes there are missing information (i.e. a few dashboards are not refreshed to the latest data/ or even worse the whole page is not even in the PDF). I don't want to go over 60+ pages and refresh them one by one.

I was wondering if there is a function to refresh all the dashboards to the latest data connection? (so I don't need to go throught all the dashboards to refresh them one by one).

Hope this is clear enough!

Best,

Ming

• 3. Re: Refresh all dashboards in one go (tebleau desktop)
              Santiago Sanchez

Thanks for the explanation! I'm curious now, if you create extracts for all connections and use the 'Refresh all extracts' do you still any sheets not refreshing? Is the behavior consistent or only happens to some? Perhaps there are filters that are causing some sheets to be empty (if the behavior is not consistent).