1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2018 11:47 AM by Jim Dehner

LOD Returning Asterisk in Tooltip when multiple selections made in filter

Jeremy Dempsey

Hi,

I'm using version 2018.1, and I'm trying to use a Fixed LOD expression in a Tooltip, but it's returning an asterisk (*) when multiple selections are made in one of the filters.  I'm trying to return an Average by month even if multiple selections are made.

In the Avg Service Level worksheet  of the attached workbook, I used a Fixed Level of Detail expression called MonthlyServiceLevel in the Tooltip.

fixed LOD example.jpg

1. If I select a single value in the QueuGroup filter, it works fine.

fixed lod example 2.jpg

b.  However, if I select multiple values in the QueueGroup filter, I get an asterisk:

fixed lod example 3.jpg

c. I’m trying to get the same averages per month as my Grand Total on the Avg Service Level Detail worksheet.  When I selected multiple values in the MONTH(CallDate) filter, the fixed LOD works exactly the way I want.  Why doesn't it aggregate when multiple selections are made in the QueueGroup filter?  How could I nest the Fixed LOD to make it work?

fixed lod example 4.jpg

• 1. Re: LOD Returning Asterisk in Tooltip when multiple selections made in filter
          Jim Dehner

Hi Jeremy

Your workbook is very complex - but to the firs 2 questions

your LOD was considered a dimension - I changed them to Measures (right clock and select convert to measure) then replaced them on the viz with SUM() (not ATTR() )

now you will get this

as for the third issue - I don't know what you expect -

I looked at the worksheet and the total was set to automatic I reset it to Avg() think that is what you want

just a comment for what it's worth - I do a lot of call center analytics with one of my clients and over time I have found that bringin in both the discrete level  data (individual call data) and the aggregate data Totals - leads to problems (mixing aggregate an disaggregate data) they have moved to bringing in discrete data and doing the aggregation with analysis

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.