1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2018 12:35 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

How to get a URL that has a modified dashboard

Jordan Sanjaya

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how to get a URL that includes a modified dashboard (filtered, dynamic parameter changes). I am creating functionality in share link button to allow users to share their modified dashboard and email/copy link their dashboards to one or more individuals.

var vizURL = viz.getURL() - that is a default URL that a dashboard is unmodified. I am looking for a way to declare a variable to get the URL that includes a modified dashboard.

I know viz.showShareDialog() will work, but I need to make my own modal with multiple buttons to get/send a link. I need to know how to get same method to show link as showShareDialog performs same thing.

A dashboard should be able to be shared (with modifications via parameters and filters) via email. I am making anything in javascript with Tableau API. I am not required to do anything on Tableau desktop. I would appreciate if anyone can help me to find a way to get the URL from Tableau API through javascript or jQuery.

Thank you so much!