2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2018 4:01 PM by Nabin Dey

Plain Tableau report

Nabin Dey

Hello Tableau Community,

Please see the attached prototype document. I'm trying to develop a report that looks like the prototype on the first page. What I was able to develop is on the second page. My question is how do I develop a report that looks like the one of the 1st page? This one would have multiple filters (Date range, Campaign names, etc.) and the contact information of each and every person together in nice boxes (as shown in the prototype) which would be displayed based off the filtering criteria. The contacts could run into hundreds as well so that the viewer would have to scroll down the dashboard. Please let me know your thoughts. I appreciate your willingness to help me.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Plain Tableau report
          Okechukwu Ossai

Hi Nabin,

You might only develop a report that looks neat like the prototype if you are going to filter the report for a single person at a time. If that's what you want to do then, you need to create a separate worksheet for each box on the prototype and arrange them accordingly on a dashboard.

However, if you have a long list of campaign names and persons for the users to wade through, then you will have to rethink a different design other than the prototype.

Ossai

• 2. Re: Plain Tableau report
            Nabin Dey

Hello Ossai,

Thanks for your response.

The problem is there could be up to 100s of contacts. Also, creating one dashboard for each would be complex. I'm thinking each additional dashboard has be dynamically generated depending on the number of contact or some other logic.

I think I need to come up with some other type of format.

Again, thanks for your suggestion!

Nabin