1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2018 7:04 AM by Jim Dehner

Data blend not summing correctly with the identical data sources

Andrew Chickedantz

We have an issue where we have two identical data sources to compare year over year numbers from different years (i.e. 2017 to 2014, 2017 to 2015, 2016 to 2014, 2016 to 2013).

For example, when I select 2016 to 2014 there's a slight difference in the totals for 2016 than when I select 2018 to 2016 (or 2017 to 2016/2016 to 2015).  When I select 2016 to 2016, I get the correct total.  When I select the other options between years the 2016 total changes.  With the other three dimensions, the measures total correctly.  All dimensions aside from the year selection are not data/time.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

• 1. Re: Data blend not summing correctly with the identical data sources
          Jim Dehner

Hi Andrew

Not certain I totally understand your goal here but I think you want to compare the revenue in 2 different years

Blending the data will create a table that matches the data in each source record to record and field for filed - but when you do that and try to filter your based on the year (either primary or secondary) you are filtering all the data (Think like you have added column in you table so each record has both a primary and secondary year - so you will filter all the records by you "primary filter" and your secondary filter

see the attached

this approach (and there are probably others - creates a union of your data set and it self (think like appending data to you table)

the data will be appended and a Table name added to the set - you use the table name like any other dimension

I added 2 parameters - 1 for each year

and then included this formula that separates the sales into years based on the parameter dates

It will return this

and it can be filtered

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.