2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2018 2:46 PM by Matt Coles

Sending Alerts from Server

sumit singla

Hi Everyone,

I have data like names and some measure values. Now I need to send the alerts from the server if measure value exceeds the threshold values to respective user.

How can I automate the alerts so if any measure value exceeds the threshold value for any user an email  alert should be sent to that user?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumit Singla

• 1. Re: Sending Alerts from Server
          nikher verma

Hi Sumit Singla ,

You can do it using tabcmd or creating alerts on server  .

Here instead of sending mails after tableau extract you will be sending mail after a threshold breach .

-Nikher Verma

Please mark it right and helpful if this serves your purpose ,so that others can also get benefited .

• 2. Re: Sending Alerts from Server
            Matt Coles

VizAlerts allows dynamic recipients. It is a free and open-source (but not Tableau-supported) tool designed to work with Tableau Server for extremely flexible, conditional, email / SMS bursting. It will allow you to scale up to thousands of users, if you want, with no manual work. Building this as an Alert or a Conditional Subscription on Tableau Server would work, but only with manual work for each subscriber, as Nikher just mentioned. It would not scale to many.