8 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2018 7:05 AM by Okechukwu Ossai

Displaying calculated, max(date) "Last updated" field various places

Brendon Troy

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate the last time a data source (in this case a google sheet) was truly updated (not just refreshed) and display that various places (including in some worksheet titles and in some worksheets themselves). I've created a calculated measure that I believe represents the last time that an actual update (either an order being placed or someone checking in to an event) was made to the data source (field name - "Current as of - date/time of last order or check-in"; calculation - "MAX(MAX([Check-In Date]),MAX([Order Date]))"):

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 4.49.07 PM.png

Note that this is different from "data update time", which will just display the last time the google sheet data source was refreshed regardless of whether or not the data in the google sheet has been updated lately. Thus, using "data update time" would lead to artificially recent "update times" being displayed and might make us miss cases where someone has failed to update the google sheet.

If this approach is wrong, and if my calculation or approach can be improved, please stop and let me know right here ... assuming that's a valid way to calculate when the data in the source was last updated, here's what I need help with:

I'm able to insert this measure into the title of a sheet on its own like so:

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 4.57.37 PM.png

However, when I try to add it to the title of another sheet in the same way, "All" is displayed in the title (almost like it's displaying a filter) instead of the measure value as it is above:

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 4.59.35 PM.png

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Am I fundamentally misunderstanding what I'm doing here? Thanks!