4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2018 12:00 PM by Chad Bateman

Sequential Filters/ Heat Map Question

Chad Bateman

Hello,

This is my first time posting here- I hope what I’m writing here makes sense, and that my question posting etiquette is OK

I have a heat map that shows 2 dimensions- “Defect” (rows) and “Team” (columns). There are ~21 types of defects and 11 teams.

On this data there are is a filter named “Process”; only one “Process” should ever be selected at once when this report is in production.

I want to add this chart to a dashboard (it will take up 1/4th of a view), but it is too large/dense if I add it unfiltered. I want to put and emphasis on the most impactful combinations of items. I’m open to other ideas, but generally I was thinking of one of the following approaches:

• Filter by the top 7 teams with the most defects AND by the top 7 Defects that occur the frequently (individual filters); filter out everything else
        • OR
      • Filter by the highest volume LOB/Defect combinations so that only the highest numbers that make up the top 75% or top 50% appear,  and everything else is filtered out

When trying to implement this myself I ran into problems where the correct numbers of rows and columns would appear UNTIL I actually apply to “Process” filter. After applying the "Process" filter fewer than 5 defects or teams would appear in the chart. 

I know that this is being caused by the filter order of operations, but I can’t figure out how to fix it. I’ve been playing with LOD/ Fixed calculations, Index calculations, and adding different fields to context. I’ve been working on this for hours and have done tons of research the forums and elsewhere. I just can’t figure it out.

Attached is a workbook of desensitized/ generic data- I’m trying to accomplish what you see on the “Top 7” tab, but with the “Process” filter applied.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that the forum is able to provide. 

Chad