3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2018 12:39 PM by Andrijana Thian

Universal date field

Andrijana Thian

Hi everyone, Iam wonderng is it possible to create a sort of a universal date field that will help me gather costs from multiple data sources that have no particular common fields other than date.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Universal date field
          Jim Dehner

Hi

think about using Dateparse  where you create a calculation with the "format" for the source  date then  in wrap if in Str()

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Universal date field
            Vinnie Ahuja

You could add a separate data source that lists all the dates in it (e.g. an Excel Spreadsheet with all the days from the beginning to the end of your range of interest, one date per row)....an independent calendar of sorts.  Then, either cross join or blend the other data sources to this calendar source using the date fields of interest as the join fields.  Note, the independent calendar needs to be the primary source in the join or blend for this to work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Universal date field
              Andrijana Thian

This would be great . I tried doing the same however I was not using calendar as the primary source so I guess this is why it hasn’t worked. Will try this. Thanks!