In this situation, you are already embedding the datasource as you are saving as .twbx which is a packaged workbook with data, so you don't get that option.
OK then another scenario:
1. Create new workbook
2. Connect data source to excel file on share location where server has access
3. Create a view and add an image on a share that sever has access
4. Save TWB
5. Create Extract
6. Save AS TWBX
7. Publish Workbook ---> Gives you the "Include External Files" option --> I am guessing it's because I included an image, correct?
8. I checked the Include External Files option and set to extract schedule
9. modified the excel file on the share
10. From the server, run extract now
11. The view is updated with the updated info in excel
In what situation would the view NOT update with changes from excel? I haven't been able to track down why sometimes my Run Extract does not update with the new information. I must be doing something different but not sure what?
You just said that It works, If there is some change in Tab name in Excel, then it won't update at server. I hope that you are using embedded password option while publishing extract