1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 1:30 PM by Jim Dehner

Help with Parameters (or using google sheet, or open to other suggestions!)

Mark Fisker

Hello Everyone,

Below I have created a tableau workbook that shows call volume for people at my company ("NOS Summary" tab). Under each column it shows the number of calls made per day broken down by individual. For Catherine Harris for instance, she made 43 calls on March 26, 2018 (See picture below):

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 2.47.43 PM.png

The end user of said report would like to be able to designate when individuals take half days off for work. The end user then wants the report to double the number of calls for that day, so that other calculations are not impacted negatively. Example: Danny Pustizzi took a half day on March 27. So instead of 9 calls, the end user wants 18 calls to show up (See picture below):

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 2.47.43 PM.png

Anyone have any recommendations on how to make this happen? My original idea revolved around building a google sheet with dates, and everyone's name. The manager could then put then designate which days people took half days, and the google sheet would somehow tie back to this report.

I am not sure how to implement my idea, or if there is a better way to accomplish the above through other methods. Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Mark