2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 10:21 AM by ShivaRam Chennapragada

Rename Calculated Measure Alias Name on TWBX file

Gina Cyrille

Hi,

I'm having an issue trying to rename this column to simply AVG Messages. The column is called AVG Messages, but when I drag it to the report, it shows as AVG Messages along Table(Down).

I have looked online, I read if you right-click the column that I should see an "Edit Alias" selection, this issue it's that I don't have that option when I right click.

This report is saved as a TWBX, it pulls the extract. When I test with the file with that holds the data sources, I have the option to edit the alias of a calculated field.

How do I rename this calculated headers in tables using extracts?

• 1. Re: Rename Calculated Measure Alias Name on TWBX file
          nikher verma

Hi Gina Cyrille ,

It depends where do you want to change the name or alias .

If you would like to change the alias for "Segment"-present in rows ,you cant change the name else you can change different segments inside that segment head .

So it would be really good if you attach twbx file or a screen shot of your worksheet instead of just the name of column or row .

-Nikher Verma

• 2. Re: Rename Calculated Measure Alias Name on TWBX file
            ShivaRam Chennapragada

Gina- You won't be able to edit publish data sources/extracts. Unfortunately, this is intentional on Tableau's part to restrict users from editing published data sources. I found this related idea which is still Active and a related thread.

Edit- I had similar issue last week, was trying to edit alias off an extract but it wouldn't let me. Luckily for me, I had the (original) live connection to the server, aliased fields, created an extract again and re-published it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shiva.