3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 3:04 PM by Deepak Rai

Column Grand Total calculation as per filter selection but should not recalculate to 100 % irrespective of filter selection

Venkat Narayanan Veerasekar

Hello everyone,

I am using Tableau 10.5.1  I am facing trouble using Column Grand Totals option under the Analysis menu. When I want to use the percentage table calculation for a field it always updates to 100 % but I don't want that.

Steps:

• I have three different product groups such as Automotive, Commercial, and Electronics.
      • Also, I have the ages of different products that are grouped under the product groups.
      • I have a calculated field that calculates the number of products that have age greater than or equal to 75. This is named as Aged 75+
      • Also, I need to display the % of Aged 75+. This calculated field displays the % of Aged 75+ from the total for individual product groups.
      • I want to use the product groups as the filter.
      • I wanted to use the grand totals. The Grand totals for the Aged 75+ works fine but the grand totals for the % Aged 75+ is always calculates to a total of 100 %

Objective: I want those percentages to be static but not recalculate to 100% every time. It should display 100% only when all the product groups are selected in the filter. I have attached the Excel sheet and packaged workbook for your reference.

Expected Result:

• When I select all the product groups the % Aged 75+can be 100% but if I select Automotive and Electronics only then % Aged 75+ should display 61%(15 + 46) but not 100%

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat