4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2018 6:21 AM by Shinichiro Murakami

Calculated Field - Revenue Actual Year vs. Previous Year

jan.franke

Dear Tableau Community,

I hope there is someone out there who has an easy solution to my problem with the calculated fields.

Unfortunately I was not able to find the exact same problem in another discussion.

Attached you can also find the relating Excel table with a simplified dataset (Test_Revenue_Growth).

I'm trying to create a calculated field giving me an Currency Effect comparable Revenue Growth rate like following formula:

(Revenue "Actual Year" - Currency Effect vs. Previous Year "Actual Year") / (Revenue "Previous Year")

The problem I have here is that I'm not able to select the Category "Previous Year" (visible in an own column) as a condition in the formula of the calculated field.

Without limiting it to a specific category it's summing the revenue above all "Category" options (e.g. Actual Year + Previous Year + Budget) which doesn't make any sense.

In the second step I would also like to calculate the growth rate by an additional information like country. Therefore I added a second database with the additional country information (Test_Revenue_Growth_Countries).
      Is it possible to also create a "flexible" growth rate by country?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best regards

Jan