1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 5:47 AM by Donna Coles

Exclusion of value of dimension

Mike Ross

Hi,

I  have city dimension with values as A, B, C, D, and E. and population as measure.  The user want filter with value True and False.

When True is selected chart should show data of All cities(i.e A,B,C,D and E). and when False is selected

it should show data of A, B, D and E. i.e. it should not display data of city C.

I tried to achieve this using groups and sets but did't get the expected result.

How to achieve this?

Regards,

Mike

• 1. Re: Exclusion of value of dimension
          Donna Coles

Hi Mike

I've done this by creating 2 calculated fields and a parameter.

Parameter - to drive the user selection

A calculated field to identify the city you don't want - this will return true if city is C otherwise false

Another calculated field to use on your filters shelf to control the behaviour.  This will return True if the parameter is true OR the city to exclude field is false (ie the city isn't 'C')

Drop the above on the filters shelf and set to True.  Changing the parameter between true & false will then give you what you need.

Regards

Donna

PS - I have moved this post to the main Forums (Forums ) area of the Community which is where it will attract more attention.  The area of the site you've posted in is generally for questions about how to use the Community site itself.  Please be aware of this when you post your next question.