2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 7:23 AM by Larsen Rennie

Data in the Cross Tab is not displaying as per the excel format

Larsen Rennie

Hello All

i am facing one issue in which i have to replicate the tabular report which is created in excel into Tableau . I am attaching the screenshot. So from the below screenshot i have taken country names into column shelf which is fine and then Measure Name into the row shelf and displaying the values for them. Now the problem is that i want to display two more measure in the chart and it is very simple by just selecting those values into the measure name and those will also appear but that how we dont want to replicate.

As of now my cross tab in Tableau looks like this

Country                  France         Georgia

Cost to Serv         211656          9737

Gross Profit          59503           11873

Now i have 2 more measure which are calculated field but rather them displaying below the Gross Profit we want to display it near country and our end result should look like below

Country                  France                  CTS %          Georgia     CTS %

Cost to Serv          211656                    55%                9737       65%

Gross Profit            59503                      66%             11873        43%

The value beside column  France is the CTS % of France  for Cost to Serv and Gross Profit (which is 55 and 66) and 65 and 43  for Georgia . i tried to replicate the same format in Tableau but unable to do so . Its quite easy in Excel . Can you suggest some solution . That would be great help

Larsen Capture.GIF

• 1. Re: Data in the Cross Tab is not displaying as per the excel format
          Shinichiro Murakami

HI Larsen

Not exactly sure without having your data, but does this help?

Please attach your packaged workbook if this is not a solution, need to understand detail.

If this helps, please mark my answer as correct to close the thread, not from inbox view, but from original post..

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: Data in the Cross Tab is not displaying as per the excel format
            Larsen Rennie

Hi

The solution which you provided is not a problem for me

i want the cross tab to look like this so just wanted to know whether it is possible or not. I need the output to be like below

Country                  France                  CTS %          Georgia     CTS %

Cost to Serv          211656                    55%                9737       65%

Gross Profit            59503                      66%             11873        43%

in your workbook you are displaying cts% below gross profit i want the output to be like above. i am not sure whether it is possible in tableau or not