2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2018 3:11 PM by Don Wise

Pie chart

karishma.velisetty.1

I have 3 columns ( country , customer and flag) - All 3 dimensions

I need to create a pie chart that shows percentage of vendors in a country with status

The angle of pie should be percentage of distinct vendors in country. Can some one help with calculated field and chart

Attached the twbx file.

Thanks

Karishma

• 1. Re: Pie chart
          Don Wise

Hi Karishma,

Is "Customer" a "Customer ID" number  or is it an already aggregated number/count of Customers?

• 2. Re: Pie chart
            Don Wise

Hi Karishna,

Please see newly attached workbook v.10.3 and below screenshots as to what was done to get there...if this answers your question, please respond to the original post and mark it as correct so that others can possibly use it in the future. 

This is the traditional method of doing a COUNTD on your customer, however, a pie chart won't work with this method, hence the need for an LOD calculation which performs similarly but also allows for a pie chart.

Traditional CountD.png

This screenshot shows the LOD Calculation and that Customer was moved from Measure to Dimension.

LOD_COUNTD_of_Customer.png

Then changed the calculation to a quick table calc as % of Total:

Add Quick Table Calc as % of Total.png

Then used the "Show Me" chart of tables to create a pie chart, added labels appropriately.

Change to Pie Chart and Label accordingly.png

Hope it helps...again, if yes, please mark the original posting as correct.  Thx, Don