2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2018 6:48 AM by george.gousios

background image according to percentage

george.gousios

So, I have done a wind rose diagram where I calculate the percentage of wind speed frequencies.

I am using a background image where shows the percentages as circles.

Right now, if you select filter :Wind speed group:  0-4 , you can see that the percentage fits the background image.

In order to do so , I used X and Y fields in the Map->background images -> image  ==> X and Y Fields.

But, as I understand I have to use the Percentage calculated filed in order for the other wind speed groups to work.

But, If I try to use Percentage field in the background image , whatever values I insert, it is lost.

Any help?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: background image according to percentage
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, George

Not sure whether I understand what you want to achieve or not, but please find my solution to display the back ground for 5-8 as example attached.

And below is the steps.

Hope this helps

ZZ

• 2. Re: background image according to percentage
            george.gousios

Hello Zhouyi Zhang,

thanks for the help, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

As you can see with the new group filter you put, the percentages values do not correspond to the background image circle values which go from 5-10-15 %....

I want the length of every slice (which shows the percentage) to correspond to the percentage of the image circles.

If, from the image options I try to set some values to the X and Y fields (image fields) but use my percentage fileds, it shows no image.

Right now, for 0-4 filter , every slice corresponds to the circle values but I am using X and Y fields.As I understand though, I have to use Percentage field.

I hope it is more clear.