1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 6:27 AM by Sean Etheridge

Action Filter in URL

Sean Etheridge

I am trying to pass multiple values from an action filter in a URL. This works on desktop but not once published to server. I have attached my TWBX which passes both quick filters and the one action filter in the URL.

The part of the URL action that is not working is engagement_level=<FILTERVALUES(Action (engagement_level))>

The URL appears blank for that filter when passing on Server.

State=CO,HI,IA,WA&engagement_level=,,,

Desktop it appears correctly.

State=CO,HI,IA,WA&engagement_level=Engaged,Highly%20Engaged,Lightly%20Engaged,Unengaged

I checked thread Use Action Filters in URL but it did not have a resolution that is working for me.

Current Tableau version is 10.5.2

Message was edited by: Sean Etheridge

• 1. Re: Action Filter in URL
          Sean Etheridge

I was able to figure out a solution to this. I had the action filter target the page that contained the text for the URL action. On that page I created a calculation for the field being used in the action filter and added it to filters (actual field did not work, only calculation). I set the filter to only relevant values. I added the filter for this calculation to the dashboard and hid it by floating it off screen. The in the URL I added that filter instead of the action filter. It seems to work on both desktop and server now.