2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2018 9:31 AM by Ted Beam

Content Management Systems That Work Well with Tableau

Ted Beam

My company creates a lot of text that we want to incorporate into our use of Tableau. Can anyone recommend a content management system for storing/managing text that works well with Tableau? I would also want the option to export this text from the CMS for uses outside of Tableau. Any information you can share would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Content Management Systems That Work Well with Tableau
          patrick.byrne.0

Hello Ted,

When saying working with a lot of text and connecting to a CMS. Will Tableau be the CMS? Users using it to sort through the text? Or do you want Tableau to connect to the text files within the CMS and Tableau to be used for analysis?

Byrne, Patrick

• 2. Re: Content Management Systems That Work Well with Tableau
            Ted Beam

Thanks for your response, Patrick. Clients will access data via a web interface that uses Tableau to create graphs on the fly. These graphs will sometimes be accompanied by text that either is displayed next to the graph or appears when the user rolls over the graph. The current plan is to store this text in a database. I'm not a database expert, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to export/reuse this text in other ways (exporting/linking to text boxes in an InDesign document, for example). Perhaps what I am really looking for is a user-friendly interface to enter/edit text stored in a database. I would like to make it as streamlined as possible for authors to enter text themselves. I'm trying to understand all of the options available for working with text that is going to be used by Tableau. Hopefully this clarifies my initial questions.