7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 12:06 PM by Paige Blackstone

Order of dimensions and measures

Paige Blackstone

Hi Everyone!

So I need some help with creating a table in Tableau. I have created wireframes for a dashboard(in PowerPoint) that I would like to recreate exactly as is in Tableau. I have attached the wireframe as a screenshot to this post for your reference.

Basically what I would like to do is have the "news feed" table exactly in the order its in on the attached screenshot. I understand that dimensions are to come before measures (or vise versa, whichever one it is). However, I want to be able to place the "severity" indicators before the dimensions such as "client", "KPI", and "Comments". Can someone kindly help to explain how I can do this without having to break the newsfeed out into two separate tables? The reason I do not want to break it into two different tables is because there will be a lot of data in the actual build out that will require the user to scroll down, and I do not want these two portions of the table to scroll separately.

Any assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated! I look forward to hearing your responses. Thank you all!