4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 6:44 PM by Patrick Myles

Embedded dashboard not rendering on bootstrap nav tabs

Patrick Myles

hey all -

has anyone encounted this issue.  I am loading up multiple dashboard embedded on a webpage split into different navigation tabs (bootstrap) but only showing one at a time.  When the user clicks to the other tab, the new window is shown but it's not rendered properly. You can see what i mean by going to CENTRstats   .  When you land on this page, it will work ok, but when you select another nav tab (eg. 'overview'), the dashboard is not rendering correctly (missing filters, badly positioning text etc).  if you then refresh on the overview, you'll see it works, and then flipping to the other nav tabs doesn't work.

Tried the rendering parameters on client and web side but not success.  The issue is occurring for me when using tableau public or server.

I also noticed that when laoding the page on firefox, there is actually an error message when you select a second nav tab: Script error. uncaught exception: Attempted to use CommandController before creating it.

Pat

• 1. Re: Embedded dashboard not rendering on bootstrap nav tabs
          Matt Lutton

Hey Patrick,

I personally have not experienced this, but usually just use the built-in Tableau Server/Online tabs for navigating. You may also want to submit an actual support case for unexpected behaviors like this: Support Case | Tableau Software

Let us know if you find a solution - does it work differently if you use the built-in tab from Server/Online?  No worries, I understand wanting the links on the left to work, but just want to make sure I understand.

Hopefully some others can comment on whether they've seen anything like this -- seems strange indeed.

Happy analyzing and good luck!

• 2. Re: Embedded dashboard not rendering on bootstrap nav tabs
            Patrick Myles

Hi Matt,

Yeh, it’s strange indeed.  The reason I preferred using nav tabs (rather than built in tableau tabs) is because it saves load time on dashboards viewed after the initial load.  The even stranger aspect to all this is that everything was working fine like that until a couple weeks ago.  I have put in a support ticket…

Patrick

• 3. Re: Embedded dashboard not rendering on bootstrap nav tabs
              Matt Lutton

Awesome Patrick, thanks for following up and submitting a ticket.  Let us know if you find any workarounds or solutions!

Best of luck and happy analyzing with Tableau!

• 4. Re: Embedded dashboard not rendering on bootstrap nav tabs
                Patrick Myles

Thanks Matt.

I didn’t get much luck through the support ticket so ended up instead using the tableau API to display dashboards on my platform.  The reason I liked embedded on separate nav tabs was that it helped user experience.  Instead of loading up a dashboard each time you view a new page, it would load them all up on the nav tabs within a single.. so the only load time was the initial load and subsequent dashboards were fast. 

I do notice tableau dashboard load time on web pages have improved over the past few years (especially with hyper extracts) so we are moving in the right direction 

Thanks

Patrick