1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2018 1:51 AM by Okechukwu Ossai

How to plot two different measures on the same axis with different dates

Mikhail Christiansen

Hello everyone,

What I am trying to do is the following:

I have data where every line is a given invoice that relates to a specific PO. Many invoices to one PO. I am trying to plot the invoice amounts as well as the PO amounts on a unified date axis. The problem is that the invoices have dates when they were paid and the POs have dates on when they were created. On any given line of data, that is two measures with two separate dates. I am trying to find a way to match the invoice amount to its date and the PO to its creation date, but plot them on a unified date axis. Is there a way to do this?

Also, I should add that since there are multiple invoices to one PO, I need to find a way to get a unique PO amount instead of repeated PO amounts every time something was invoiced to it. I think an LOD calculation is probably the best idea here, but open to suggestions.

Here is an attached workbook with Superstore data modified slightly to help explain what I am doing.The superstore data is not perfect because it does not have repeating ship dates for one order date, so please keep that in mind with the solution.

Thank you,Mikhail