1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2018 2:26 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Apply recursive filter action on dashboard using cluster feature on click activity on section of horizontal bar chart

raghunath.cpmenon.8178

Hi All,

I have a requirement to implement using Tableau. Here is the requirement:

1. I have received a  excel file DataSource

2. Now I have to generate a horizontal bar chart after applying 3 clusters on it ( Not automatic clustering ). i.e. Three different bar diagram in same bar chart. Clustering principle will be labeled adjacent to each bar diagram.

3. User click on one bar diagram (  cluster1 related ) and now the requirement is to REFRESH and RENDER SAME BARCHART and apply same clustering principle again to the subset of data-set and render another bar chart with 3 bar diagram for next level cluster. User can repeat this drill down activity by selecting another one cluster diagram and we need to render same diagram with another 3 cluster and so on till the data set reach to one entity.

4. How to achieve this recursive filter actions on same dashboard without navigating to another dashboard ?

I just started with Tableau and need to figure out how to do achieve this in Tableau end to end.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Rags