0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 2:17 PM by E C

Co-Occurrence Benchmarking

E C

Hi Everyone!

I have a question on using Tableau for a co-occurrence analysis. I originally followed the example from http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/help.html#co_occurrence.html

I've attached a sample worksheet that looks at co-occurrence using customer id based on the field 'sub-category' (from orders sheet in superstore sample data).

At the crux of it, I want to be able to directly compare co-occurrence for two different sets of customers in one chart.

For example, in the attached workbook (with the default selection) we see that of customers that bought 'Accessories'... 85% also bought 'Binders', 82% also bought 'Paper', etc.

I want to know what does this mean in context to customers that bought, say, 'Art'? Among 'Art' customers, how many bought 'Binders', 'Paper', etc.  I realize I can just duplicate the chart / parameter and place the sheets side by side on a dashboard, but then the brands aren't aligned and the user experience is not ideal. It would be even better if there is way to calculate the difference between the two sets for each sub category.

I've also attached a picture of what an ideal chart might look like.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or solutions!

Thanks,

Ed