Instead of filtering with the original color field, try making a calculated field
Then use this new calculated field as a filter. This will solve the issue of getting rid of other colors when you filter. What the LOOKUP function in this context does is to filter the view without filtering the underlying data.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much (and sorry for the late response... I didn't have an opportunity to work on this for over a week!!). I found a tutorial (Creating a Global LOOKUP(MIN(...),0) Filter with a Parameter for "Jedi" Filter and Table Calc Trick ) that helped me along after knowing that the lookup function was the way to go!
You're welcome. Glad it helped.