3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2018 3:49 PM by Okechukwu Ossai

Percent of one response out of all the responses in a single field, filterable by end-user

Dustin Greelis

Hey folks,

I've been scouring the internet and maybe I'm just not sure what to type into the search bar... but I can't seem to find an answer.  I've been trying on my own a lot too. 

I'm trying to build a dynamic line graph that tells the user what percent of the total counts are accounted for by the chosen response each year (e.g. 36% of respondents said the response "Yellow" in 2004, 38% said "Yellow" in 2005, etc.).  In the attached dataset, I used colors as an example... So in a dropdown menu (either parameter or filter), the end user would select their color of choice, then the graph would update and tell them the percent of responses that are that color out of all the colors possible.

On top of that, I'm trying to weight this.  So each response should count for the number of responses in the weight column next to it.  So ID 1 would count for 4145 responses. 

The problem I keep running into is if you filter, it gets rid of all the other colors and says that the color you chose is 100% of the total.  If you hide the others instead of filtering them out, then there's no way (that I know of) to make them unhide if the user selects that color in the parameter or filter.  I just don't know...

Thank you in advance for the help!

~Dustin

P.S. Bonus donut to anyone who can also show the percent of that color out of all the colors on a map by state Thanks again!!!!