I only have Desktop and not Public, so I'll tell you the Desktop options and one might work in Public
Try one of these (they all do the same job):
- In the data panel, top right corner there is a Live/Extract radio button .. choose Extract
- While you're viewing a sheet, right click on the data source and choose "Extract Data ... "
- Click on the Data menu, choose the Data source you're after and choose "Extract Data ..."
Please reply if that doesn't help
Thanks for attempting to help. As stated - I'm using the free version -
10.5 Tableau public.
- I just updated to the latest Tableau public 10.5.3
- There is no DATA EXTRACT option in the software.
- There is no radio button
- There is no DATA EXTRACT option - not in the data panel, nothing if i
I realise this is a free version, so functionality – and assistance – is
limited. One of the pitfalls of free software..
On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 12:46 AM, Chris McClellan <
I have the same problem with Tableau Public 10.5.3
Did you publish your workbook on the tableau public site?
Hello Paulo Dantas,
I allow myself to answer even if this message is not addressed directly to me, because I have the same problem.
It is precisely not possible to publish on Tableau public because at the time of publication, the following error is indicated:
An error occured while attempting to save the workbook.
The Tableau server you are publishing to does not permit external database connections. Use the Data menu to creat an extrat fot the following data sources : [name of the data source]
In the database, I have 1 Excel file and 5 shapefiles.
I'm having the same problem, too, with the new version of Tableau Public. What I did is just recreate the Excel files that I was working on (i.e. copy paste the sheets, save as new file), and that allowed me to save my files to my public account. Not the best workaround for now, but at least it worked! Hope that helps
UPDATE: it worked and I got to save one, and then got the same error message again the next time
SECOND UPDATE: Just created new Excel files for the source files again, and it seemed to work! A few extra steps for Tableau Public but whatchagonnado