2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 10:44 AM by Azeemuddin Irfan Mohammed

Upgrade from version 10.3.9 to 10.5.2

PMO LATAM Argentina

Hi everyone,

I am quite new using Tableau and need to upgrade from  version 10.3.9 to 10.5.2. How can I conduct this work with success ?

Thanks in advance !

Daniel Arditi

Buenos Aires, Argentina

N.B: To be more clear: I don't need the upgrade really but I want to do it just as to maintain the product up to date. Another thing is that I use TABLEAU DESKTOP and TABLEAU BRIDGE to refresh the data. Isn't there the possibility to make the upgrade in several steps and more automatic?

• 1. Re: Upgrade from version 10.3.9 to 10.5.2
          ShivaRam Chennapragada

You'll find the latest installation file here and instructions here and a related thread. It's pretty straight forward, but remember Tableau 10.5.2 will be installed separately so if you don't want 10.3 you'll have to uninstall it manually.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Shiva.

• 2. Re: Upgrade from version 10.3.9 to 10.5.2
            Azeemuddin Irfan Mohammed

Hi

If you publish your workbooks to a Tableau Server, then you need to make sure the Tableau Server environment in your organization is already on 10.5.

You won't be able to Publish to a lower version of Tableau server from Desktop V10.5 since 10.5 involves .hyper extracts which won't be supported by older Tableau server versions.

If you do not publish and have standalone Tableau Desktop, you can install 10.5 and make a copy of your workbooks and open them in 10.5 and test out all the features.

Since saving any workbook in 10.5 converts that workbook to version 10.5  you won't be able to revert back to and older version. so having a backup copy of  the workbooks(created/saved in 10.3) can be useful if you want to revert back to 10.3

Hope this helps.