1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 10:58 AM by Mel Buckner

pulling in calcs from report to report

Mel Buckner

I have two static spreadsheets that are left joined on date.

In them I am (first sheet) calculating how many patients were seen by each physician in the month of January 2018:patients.JPG

That part is working fine.
      2nd page: calculating how many orders of each type of imaging the physician made in the month of January 2018:orders.JPG

Tableau is correctly counting the numbers of ct orders, us orders, vas orders and mri orders.

what it's NOT doing (and what I need it to do is correctly calculate the number of CT/US/Vas/MRI orders per 100 patients seen.
      what seems to be happening is that when I pull in the distinct count of sheet 1, into the calculation to determine numbers of orders x 100 pts - it takes as the denominator for count of pts seen for example in the case of Andrea Banke - she saw 154 pts in the month of january and ordered 37 CT scans.  So, were I to take (154/37)*100 it should come out around 24.  not 0.4 -  because it's using the wrong denominator.  How do I get it to take the correct count of patients seen so the math works correctly?

patients calc.JPG

can someone tell me what I am missing here?

1 2 Previous Next