I am working on up-gradation of Server 10.1 to 10.5.2 - It is a 3 node server with one primary and 2 workers installed on VM. My upgrade plan is as below -
1. Stop the primary server. We don't want users to change anything during the upgrade.
2. Take the full manual backup of primary server. This will include the backup of working nodes as well.
3. Run the 10.5.2 server setup on primary VM.
4. The setup will automatically detect that 10.1 is already installed and ask for backup. We can skip this as it is already done in #2.
5. The new setup will uninstall 10.1.
6. If the upgrade requires workers to be upgraded manually, hold on to the up-gradation of primary and -
6.a. Sign in to each worker node and manually run 10.5.2 worker setup program.
6.b. This will also automatically uninstall previous version and install a new version.
7. Return to primary node installation and follow prompts to finish the upgrade.
8. Roll-out new server to users and validate.
We are aware of the fact that extracts will be converted to .hyper after the refresh and this is acceptable.
Can someone please validate these steps and suggest any changes if needed ?
Looks good to me