This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
I have developed a web data connector for tableau. It works fine with tableau desktop.
I have issues using it on tableau server.
1. I connect to web data connector, create a sheet and add visualization
2. Publish the workbook. so the connection is also published.
3. Create a new tableau document, use the published connection, things work fine
4. open the workbook in tableau server and things work fine.
case 2 :
1. I connect to web data connector
2. publish the connector alone
3. create a new tableau document, use the published connection. Now i see the Live connection option is enabled. Now with the Live connection, if i try to create a visualization, it throws up an error "No such function SUM that takes arguments of type (real)", if i use a measure in the chart. If i use a dimension then things work fine
4. create a new workbook in tableau server and I get the same error.
Is live connection not supported in this case? is there a way to get this working?
Any help here is appreciated.
PS : I have done the basic things like white listing the url etc.
I also tried to convert the data type using float(), still get the same issue.