8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 1:17 PM by Rose K

Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard

Rose K

I have a requirement where, I have two sheets where they would be in one single dashboard. I have attached a sample workbook for reference based on that example here is the scenario.

Payer Status report defines -> Active, Inactive and Idle status where we have all payers listed out and status would be shown using KPI's. BY looking at this report we can which payer is idle, active or inactive which high level granularity.

We have the payer activities list which is the lowel level data granularity. We have location name, Key, Failure and success timestamp and idle time(minutes).  So all this information is displayed in the tabular format which is fien. So, when clicked on any of the payer or KPI in Payer status report it would automatically show us the payer activity related to that payer(basic drill-down).

Here I have a requirement where if payer is active I need to display only Last success. Location name, Key, Payer.

For Inactive -> Location Name, Key, Payer, Last Failure, Idle Minutes

For Idle-> Location name, Payer, Key, Last failure.

SO, By default we need to have location name, Payer and Key for all these three activities. So, when I click in Payer status , for example payer 1 is Idle, I click on payer 1 so, it should show me Location name, payer, key and last failure. When we uncheck it by default we need to see all the field as it shows in the display here.

Is there a way we could do this in Tableau. Any suggestions would help. I have attached the tableau packaged workbook for reference.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard
          Jim Dehner

Hi

here is an approach

this IDs which date to include in the detail

this puts a label on the date - separate column

this determines the idle time only for the inactives

create a d/b

when you select a name the board looks like this

please note the formulas are based on string values that are literal - the data in you file has inconsistent spelling

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard
            Rose K

JIm, Thank You for explaining the solution clearly. I'm currently using 10.X version. I think the version you are using is an updated version. By chance could you create the workbook in 10.1.4 version if possible. I tried to edit the version in Notepad but seems like it has been encrypted so Im not able to know the version of the workbook.

Or could you send me a screenshot where exactly you have placed all those calculated fields in the sheet.

Thank You

• 3. Re: Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard
              Jim Dehner

Please try using copying and pasting these formulas in your version

this is the formula to capture the date/time              if [Avialble]= 'Avialble' then [Last Success] else [Last Fail] end

this is the formula for the label                                   if [Avialble]= 'Avialble' then "last success" else "Last fail" end

and this is the formula for the idle time                         if [Avialble]="Not availble" then [Idle time] end

then make you viz and send it to me

I will review it

Thanks

Jim

• 4. Re: Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard
                Rose K

Sure I have attached it.

Thank You

• 5. Re: Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard
                  Jim Dehner

I attached it to this post and you should be able to open it - see the new dashboard - I think it does what you asked

i had to add one more calculation to show all the values when the total chart is shown but only the idle time on the not active account and blank on the others when only 1 account is shown

if size()=1 then sum([Idle time for Not Avialble])

else sum([Idle time]) end

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard
                    Rose K

Jim, I have a quick question on this. so we are displaying last successful and last failure timestamps. But is there a way we could dynamically change the label. So when it's last successful could we say it's last successful and for failure as last failure.

Thank You

• 7. Re: Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard
                      Jim Dehner

I'm a little confused - this is the label formula - did you need something more than that

Jim

• 8. Re: Custom Fields - Drill down in Dashboard
                        Rose K

Jim, So I want to take of that label field completely. And the time stamp field "Last success or Last Fail". I want to make this field name dynamic. So, when I click on  a payer and returns last success then is their a possible way the field name could be changed to Last success?