14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2018 11:31 AM by Sadaf Shareef

How to get place location points in tableau maps on top of County

Sadaf Shareef

Hello Tableau Community:

I have mapping question that I am having trouble with.

I have a file that has service addresses that I have geocoded and got their latitude and longitude. I also have rates by county. (this is for New York State).

What I would like to do is overlap two maps. One map would have the counties colored by the median rates as shown here:

and then on top of the above map would be dots that would indicate locations of services:

so the map with the dots below would be overlayed on top of the above map.

I cannot seem to figure out how to overlay the two. I tried to do dual axis but that just converts to a scatter plot with multiple tiny NY state.

I've attached a sample workbook. You will note that some counties don't have lat/long as there is no points to add there. Also not in this workbook but what I would like is that when we hover over the dots it shows that name of the service not the lat/long.

Any help with instructions on how to achieve what I need would be greatly appreciated. links to videos or step by step instructions would be appreciated as I am teaching myself tableau and am novice at best.

Thank you inadvance!