4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2018 6:17 AM by Seth McAlister

Format/Highlight Row...or?

Seth McAlister

I have created a glideslope that depicts remaining hours on our aircraft.  I want to be able to highlight the tail number (row) or the entire row yellow or orange depending on whether the aircraft is in maintenance now.  I created a calculated field called Status Color, but I don't know how to apply it properly or if there's a better way.  I would settle with an outline of the bar for the given tail as well.  Is something like this possible?

• 1. Re: Format/Highlight Row...or?
          Matt Lutton

Hi Seth,

Can you provide a mockup or a visual of some kind that illustrates what you're after?  I'm looking at your workbook, but am unclear on the goal.  Anything you can provide to clarify the goal would be helpful!

As it sits, you already are using the Color shelf for "Measure Names" -- I don't think you'll be able to do that, and have the coloring for the tail you want, without finding a different approach.  But I'm happy to take another look once I better understand what you're after, visually.  If you could live with showing one measure at a time, it would be very easy to apply your calculation to the color shelf, and have the entire bar turn a different color -- but with an existing color shelf object in place, it may be a challenge.

Cheers and happy analyzing!

• 2. Re: Format/Highlight Row...or?
            Matt Lutton

Here is one attempt, but again, I'm not sure if it is providing what you're after -- see the 10.5 TWBX attached

• 3. Re: Format/Highlight Row...or?
              Seth McAlister

Thanks, Matt.  That's a lot closer than I was getting.  In the example you see, I'm identifying whether the aircraft has an active maintenance release or not (either in maintenance or not).  Another option is to use SQL query 2 which defines a start and end time for a given maintenance event and from there I can define whether the maintenance event is scheduled or unscheduled by whether the description includes a WO # or not.

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 13.41.53.png

So in the screenshot above, I've highlighted the bar for N367AF and N749AF.  367 is Yellow to show that the tail is currently in Scheduled maintenance (text not required) and 794 is orange to reflect the tail is currently in Unscheduled maintenance.  I won't be able to define Scheduled or Unscheduled through the Status Color pill, but I can use that to determine whether the aircraft is in maintenance or not.  In hindsight, I probably should have gone that route, to begin with. 

Hope that helps, thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Format/Highlight Row...or?
                Seth McAlister

Hey Matt-

Were you ever able to come up with anything?