You connect Tableau to an existing data source, it isn't really a data entry tool if that is what you mean? You could enter the data into Excel and then export that to Tableau for analysis though.
Thank you Luice for quick response.
Even I explained about this but user want me to explore the option, I did some research but I couldn't find that's why I posted in this forum.
Using Google Forms, you could host it (via URL) in a Dashboard where users could interact with the form. You can have the workbook connect to the Google Sheets and live update and display the results to the user after they press refresh.
Thank you Nathan for the response.
If possible could you please share one example using twbx file.
Yeah - see attached.
[Edit: You'll likely see an authentication error opening the data source. This is unavoidable since it is pointing to my personal Google Drive but the workbook functions]
- Create a Google Form
- Click <Responses> and select the "View Responses in Sheets" icon
- Create or point to a new sheet
- Click on <Send Form> and copy the link for the form
- Open Tableau Desktop and Connect to a Server
- Select Google Sheets as the data source
- Authenticate to Google and select the sheet
- Create the Viz desired
- Create a new Dashboard with the Viz
- Add in a Web Page object and point to the URL of the form
- The Form and the Viz should be on the same page
- Any additional submission to the Form will update the back-end sheet
- Refresh the data source to see updates in workbook. Published workbook to server for better functionality
TableauSheetsTest.twbx 7.5 KB