1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 8:08 AM by Jason Dozier

Having trouble combing Top-3 rankings w/ nested sorting

Jason Dozier

I'm trying to visualize our successful job placements across the country, broken out by metropolitan area and summarized by the Industry our clients were hired in. I was successful in getting the nested sorting working correctly--essentially all of the industries in each metropolitan area are sorted by sum of each industry from most to least. I've also successfully filtered to only show the top 20 metropolitan areas in terms of total placements. Where I'm stuck is that I can't seem to figure out how to show only the Top 3 industries in each metro area. When I try to filter to show the top 3 like I did for the metro areas, it shows the top 3 based on the total placements, not those specific to that metro area (e.g. might be Defense Contracting, Government, and IT might be #1, #2, and #3 respectively across all placements, but I need it to show, say, Retail, Health Care, and Hospitality if those are the top Values in Atlanta). What am I missing? I'm assuming I'm just filtering by the wrong top field, but I can't figure it out.

1 2 Previous Next