3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 6:57 AM by Zhouyi Zhang

Color Gradient

Vipul Singh

Hi Folks,

While creating a customized color gradient legend, I came across a problem of not having the legends look alike as of default legend which tableau creates automatically. Is there any way by which I can achieve the same look of my customized legend as of default tableau legend.

To help you understand better, I have attached the images for default legend and customized legend.

Thanks,

Vipul

• 1. Re: Color Gradient
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

this is the appearance of the filter when it is created using discrete steps

if you want it to be a continuous gradation the Don't select stepped color

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Color Gradient
            sudheer.kumar.5

Hello Vipul,

Looks you have customized the legend using Stepped Color, not pretty much sure.

Do you think the workbook can be added here?

Regards,

Sudheer

• 3. Re: Color Gradient
              Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Vipul

When you create your custom palette, do you set the type as 'ordered-sequential'?

below is example:

<color-palette name="Classic Orange" type = "ordered-sequential">

<color>#7b3014</color> <color>#a33202</color> <color>#d74401</color> <color>#f06511</color> <color>#fd8938</color> <color>#fdab67</color> <color>#f0c294</color>

</color-palette>

ZZ