8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 10:52 AM by ShivaRam Chennapragada

Nested Projects - defaults to Workbooks instead of Projects

ShivaRam Chennapragada

Hi,

I don't know if this is just me or anyone else find this frustrating, we're all so excited when Tableau came out with Nested Projects feature in their latest release. As a Server/Site admin I was super excited, but as I worked more with it and started to re-organize our folder structure I realized this,

1. I am on my home page where I see all the projects, workbooks, views, data sources organized into tabs.
      2. I choose to enter a project area, example 'Administration' which has 2 more projects inside it. Ideally, when I enter the Parent folder my landing page should be sub-project area but instead I land on workbooks tab which has a list of workbooks published to parent folder. I wouldn't mind if I see entire list of workbooks that are published to the main project area irrespective of the sub projects that they're published to but I just see workbooks that are published outside the sub projects. This might confuse the user.

I click here,

I land here,

instead of here, it would be logical to land on workbooks tab if I do not have any sub projects setup.

My question is, is this how it is supposed to be or is it supposed to be fixed or am I missing something?

Thank you,

Shiva Ram.