3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 10:51 AM by Michael Hesser

action

kamran munib

Hi

the tree map should filter the bar chart. can someone help me in that?

• 1. Re: action
          aravind.sunkara

Hi Munib,

I could not open the file iam using a older version hope the link mentioned helps you what you need.....

Sheet Swap with Action Filters...the simple version!

-SA

• 2. Re: action
            Jim Dehner

Hi

Didn't you post this the other day - the issue with the data in the bar chart is that it is not dependent on Country only Date (that is what is in the data set)

there is not a tie to region or country needed to parse the data

If the actual data has country or region as a dimension then add that to the data set and you will be able to establish a relationship

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 3. Re: action
              Michael Hesser

Hello kamran munib;

Imagine trying to link a graph of car colors and a chart of car models-- but when you don't have a table that tells which color of cars exist... it's down right impossible without something that links them.

I think that's what you have here.

In order for your heat map to filter the bar chart, you will need to filter by shared Dimensions.

Unfortunately, your Table 3 does not include Segmento or Sexo-- the key fields in the heat map.

Table 3 will need these additional fields so you can determine how many accounts were associated to each break.

While you HAVE linked Table 3 and Extract1 by date, this is not helpful since the dates are the same for Segmento and Sexo (the 28th of each month).

I believe to have the interactive action that you want, it would be best to combine Extract1 and Table 3. In this way, you can create a heat map, create a bar chart, and dynamically filter the bar chart-- limiting it only to selections in your heat map.

I hope this isn't too confusing?

--Michael