2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2018 10:10 AM by Ashish Sharma

Date difference Calculation

Ashish Sharma

Hi,

Please assist me with the previous day or yesterday's count tableau calculation as well as the percentage change.

For instance, consider that there's a task allocated to any specific Agent and that task has one 'Task Allocated Date, Task Start Date and Task Complete Date. I need to understand as to how I can find the 'Count difference' between Previous day and Current day('Task Allocated Date, Task Start Date and Task Complete Date) as well as the percentage change.

Thank you so much for your time!!

• 1. Re: Date difference Calculation
          Wendy Ware

Hi Ashish, not sure
          I fully understand your question but I will offer the following:

If you want the
          number of days between two dates and the dates you are comparing are in
          different fields you can simply use the DATEDIFF() with this syntax:

DATEDIFF(‘day’, [Task Allocated Date], [Task Start Date])

If the dates you
          are comparing are in the same field, this link provides a nice explanation
          about how to determine the difference between them by comparing them both to a
          third reference date like 1/1/1900.

http://kb.tableau.com/articles/howto/calculate-difference-in-dates-with-one-date-field

I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean by “percentage
          change.”

If your question is not answered please
          provide clarification on your data structure and what you mean by percentage
          change with regard to dates.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Date difference Calculation
            Ashish Sharma

Hi Wendy,

Thank you so much for your response!

I'll try to reframe the question.

For instance, There's an employee with a name Jack. He has been assigned with few tasks on 03/28/2018 and 03/29/2018.

Jack                           03/28/2018                                                     03/29/2018

(Day Before Yesterday)                            (Previous day/Yesterday)

Total Count                    10                                                                      20

I've been trying to figure out the calculation for the difference between the total count of tasks completed for Yesterday and Day before Yesterday.

With that I need to understand the "Relative change in the Percentage" for Yesterday and Day before Yesterday.