1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2018 6:48 AM by Jim Dehner

Get last non-null value

Justin Joseph

I am working  on creating a bullet chart with multiple API(actual performance index) for API Survey, API Drilling, API Layout, API Recording and API Pickup. The API is a performance index measurement in percentages. The problem I am having is that the different phases start and finish at different dates and I am trying to get the last non-null value, but have been unsuccessful as I am newer to Tableau. Please let me know if anyone need details. There is a lot of extra fields in the workbook, but the only fields you should look for is the API in them

• 1. Re: Get last non-null value
          Jim Dehner

Hi Justin

wow your workbook is complex

and you have a different date field for each of your measures - I'm not certain I understand the goal but your individual last dates can be found with 4 formulas like this

Now comes the problem - there are 4 different date fields that really don't know one another - it you require creating a single continuous date frame and associating each or your dates with that continuous frame - see scaffolding

TDT: Data Scaffolding with Joe Mako

don't know if you are looking at these 4 areas independently or combined - if they are individual you can use the above formulas - if you want to look at a combined result the solution is much more complex

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful