6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2018 7:44 AM by Vinnie Ahuja

Percentage of the month left

geryn.ligator

Hello,

I am trying to add how many days of the month are left and the percentage of days that have passed. For instance, it is March 23 and there are 8 days left in the month. I would also like to get 74% which is (days past/total days in the month)*100.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Percentage of the month left
          maneesh.gaddam

Geryn,

Find the attached workbook. I wrote DATEDIFF calculations to achieve this.

• 2. Re: Percentage of the month left
            Vinnie Ahuja

You could try this:

Compute the last day of the month: add month to today's month and then subtract a day.  Return the numerical value of the day.  Then divide the numerical value of today by all of this.

day(today())

/

day(dateadd('day', -1, dateadd('month', 1, datetrunc('month', today()))))

if its not today you're interested in, you can just substitute the date field in for today()

• 3. Re: Percentage of the month left
              geryn.ligator

Is there a way to make the "today" meaure read the date of the most recent sunday.

I ren the reports on Tuesdays but exclude current week and want it to count the days left in the month from Sunday on.

• 4. Re: Percentage of the month left
                geryn.ligator

Is there a way to make the "today" meaure read the date of the most recent sunday.

I ren the reports on Tuesdays but exclude current week and want it to count the days left in the month from Sunday on.

• 5. Re: Percentage of the month left
                  Vinnie Ahuja

Datetrunc('week', today (), 'sunday') should work. I don't think you need the 'sunday' as I believe it is the default, but it doesn't hurt anything to have it there.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 3:53 PM, geryn.ligator<tableaucommunity@tableau.com> wrote:   

#yiv0747183475 * #yiv0747183475 a #yiv0747183475 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv0747183475 #yiv0747183475 h1, #yiv0747183475 h2, #yiv0747183475 h3, #yiv0747183475 h4, #yiv0747183475 h5, #yiv0747183475 h6, #yiv0747183475 p, #yiv0747183475 hr {}#yiv0747183475 .yiv0747183475button td {}

|

Tableau Community 

|

Percentage of the month left

reply from geryn.ligator in Forums - View the full discussion

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Tableau Community

Start a new discussion in Forums by email or at Tableau Community

Following Percentage of the month left in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Tableau Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Tableau Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 6. Re: Percentage of the month left
                    Vinnie Ahuja

I am getting 80.6%...

day(DATETRUNC('week',today(),'sunday'))

/

day(dateadd('day', -1, dateadd('month', 1, datetrunc('month', today()))))