1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 2:04 PM by Manuel Velasquez

How to create a comparison graph with 2 fixed values (top and average) vs 1 value selected by filter?

Fernando Kommers

Hi!

I am relatively new to Tableau and need to create a 3 field comparison graphic as below (Number of items sold vs the store name):

Column A should show the number of items sold by the top store (the best seller)

Column B should show the average number of items sold, considering all stores

Column C should show the number of items sold by the selected store (filter)

The number of items sold is a measurement field and the store name is a dimension field.

I already have the 3 columns done in 3 different spreadsheets and merged into a panel.

But, I found 2 problems:

1 - In order to show the 3 columns in the same scale, I have set a fixed range axis for the 3 columns. The problem is that I will need to update the values manually each time I update the database.

2 - I have 3 filters in the Panel: Year, Region and Store Name. The first 2 applies to the 3 columns and the "Store Name" applies only to the Column C.

As I created the column A with a "Top 1" parameter, it will show the values of same store (Top overall), regardless of the year or region I select in the first 2 filters.

Any idea on how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!